Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Aprons for Lily

Hello dear friends.  Thank you all for your kind comments on my last posts, and happy spring!

I have not owned a sewing machine for a long time.  I have never been what one would call a seamstress.  Always had such a difficult time with patterns, but I do enjoy hand stitching.   I thought I would make  Lily a couple of aprons.  One for her Tea Party with her favorite stuffed toys, and one she can wear while painting at her Easel.
 Hand Painted on white muslin, then washed, ironed and sewn together.


Tea Party apron




Painting apron
Alice inspired.




This is Lily's art station, and her first painting..  I can't believe she is 19 months old already!
  Can count to 11.   Knows most of her letters by sight.  Has quite the vocabulary, and is now putting  words together.  Last week she said.  " Lily's eyes" as clear as  a bell. 
She is such a joy.  



I know she will invite Grover to her Tea Party


Thank you for visiting....   Wishing you all a beautiful week.
blessings,
Penny

28 comments:

  1. Oh, how precious and lovely is your little Lily, dear Penny! She looks like a little princess and looks so clever, as little as she is, you're blessed!
    Your wonderful designed aprons will be well used at the activities of your little princess, I guess that soon you have to make new ones, after all of the painting of Lily ;). What a lovely idea to make them for her.
    Happy spring to you all.
    Blessings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Penny, you are making me smile so......Miss Lily, L'artiste!!!!!!!!! WOW, you are going to have to get some photos of her in her darling aprons! I SO WISH I could get her in a studio setting to take photos. These are works of love and art my friend, and Lily is going to have fond memories of these. Remember the little smocks we'd wear as children in kindergarten, in order to paint? Gosh, those were sweet days, and in her little tutu, she is starting out her life of wonderment. Big hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. Every photo here is adorable --she is, her work station is, her apron is. I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Penny - Lily is absolutely precious. I am sure that those aprons that you made will become special treasures from grandma. Thank you for sharing this dear one with us. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Penny, Lily is a darling child! I'm sure she loves her sweet painting apron you made her. The fabric is so cute. Being a grandmother is such a wonderful gift. Enjoy every moment. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Penny,

    How quickly the time has gone and can't believe that Lily is that old. She is gorgeous and so bright to be able to count etc for her age. Also love the sweet aprons you are making her - she is going to take after you, with being a talented artist.
    Happy weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your aprons are wonderful!!!!I bet you could make them to sell. Lily is a beautiful child-already talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaah How beautiful she is...sweet Lily..And her first drawing,how wonderful ! How are you dearest...I had the flu,and it took some time to get better ! Thinking of you my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Owww sweet cute Lily.....she is wonderful.....love Ria x ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny, the aprons you made are darling. I love the tea party one, and most children love Alice in Wonderland. How wonderful that she has a little art station where she can create and use her imagination. These are sweet pictures of Lily. Oh, she went to the Disney Store! She must have been so excited looking all around! Lily looks precious in this picture with Grover.

    Happy Spring days to you, Penny. We are starting to get some sunny and warmer days.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are going to need to get some photos with Lily and her new aprons!!! Dear friend, thank you for coming to Castles; it sure feels good to communicate via our blogs again, even if it may be rarer than before. How I adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Penny,

    Hope you have a happy Easter and enjoy the long weekend.
    Many thanks for the kind visit and always lovely to hear from you.
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penny! Love those cute designs on the aprons, especially the rabbit! Could Lily get more adorable than this? She is such a precious little doll... and with her own art studio she'll be like her Great Grammama, painting and sculpting at every opportunity. You will be her greatest teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny those aprons are so cool and absolutely perfect for your sweet girl ^_^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling post... I love Lily’ aprons ..You chose such sweet fabrics( ha ha) ... and I can imagine how adorable Lily will look at her tea party ...I wonder which apron she will wear ( Hee hee)..TOO CUTE.. I’m your newest follower..xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet you, Zaa. Thank you for following along and your sweet comment.
      blessings

      Delete
  16. What a doll... and THAT Tutu!! What a blessing to you. Love the aprons. I've never been able to sew (patience, time, everything about it too demanding for this one) so always so amazed and impressed by the talents of others. Wishing you a happy spring and many lovely tea parties with such a sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Penny Penny where are you? I hope you are spending loads of time with this little sweetheart, she will grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Knock Knock....Bebe, this is Tea Rat! Dearest, just coming by with a basket of blackberries for you and to wish you a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello dearest..how are you...just came over to give you a hug xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dearest friend, I so miss seeing your new creations. I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  22. I so miss this lively, happy blog space of yours, Penny. Sending you greetings and hopes that you will come back to make us smile.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated... Thank you for visiting..