Pacata corda (Latin) Peaceful Hearts
Took some time, but she is finished... It all started with my sketch.. This relief measures 12"x18"... Faux stone was created with mixed media, Angel, bird and cloth were hand sculpted with paper clay... I love the feel of this clay, it is very soothing for the hands and the mind.. I used several light washes of fine acrylics in Terra Cotta and burnt umber... It really can only be appreciated in person, as I seem to be unable to capture the true colors...
While working on this particular piece, my emotions went up and down with the horrific world events of the day, but ending with faith... A calm knowing that one day all the dear souls left behind will come together with their loved ones, and those with troubled hearts for many reasons will also find their path, and we shall all know peace. This is my wish for all in the New Year.. Pacata corda --- A Peaceful Heart...
Took some time, but she is finished... It all started with my sketch.. This relief measures 12"x18"... Faux stone was created with mixed media, Angel, bird and cloth were hand sculpted with paper clay... I love the feel of this clay, it is very soothing for the hands and the mind.. I used several light washes of fine acrylics in Terra Cotta and burnt umber... It really can only be appreciated in person, as I seem to be unable to capture the true colors...
While working on this particular piece, my emotions went up and down with the horrific world events of the day, but ending with faith... A calm knowing that one day all the dear souls left behind will come together with their loved ones, and those with troubled hearts for many reasons will also find their path, and we shall all know peace. This is my wish for all in the New Year.. Pacata corda --- A Peaceful Heart...
Blessings,
Penny
p.s. I took photos this morning with my new Canon.... shown above.
I removed the old photos.
The photo below was taken with my old one.. I can see a difference.




Lové enya Penny.
ReplyDeleteLové, lové, lové your beauty.
Xox
À day and à year of grâce.
Doré
You are such a dear.. Thank you so much Dore.. Your hands create such beauty. I am looking forward to the next.
DeleteMy gorgeous friend,
ReplyDeletema douce amie,
Your hard work is lifted to higher ground because LOVE shaped it. Your skills are a wonder to behold. Your faith and love, a double delight. In fact, my next blog post is around these lines of double exposure.....
I am tearing up..you know me! Art is one thing. It is an execution of ideas put into a medium. HEART is another and that requires marrying skill with ideas, sentiments, eternal gifts of beauty. YOU know how to do that. You do it to my heart.....you have given me
PACATA CORDA.
Oh how I love Latin.
Wow, the music is fabulous. I hear it perfectly my friend. Anita
Anita, you always touch my heart with your beautiful words.. I am so happy you enjoyed viewing..
DeleteYour gifted hands create magic and beauty.
The dress you have created is simply breathtaking!
I love Latin also.. My father could speak some Latin.. I can remember the Church services in Latin years ago.. I really miss that.
bisous!
And thank YOU MY DEAR for your constant support!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you my dear friend for always being there!
DeleteYour art touches my heart. I will stop and ponder, how beautiful...how lovely!Your heart spills out onto your canvas! Much love, Rayanne
ReplyDeleteRayanne,
DeleteI just adore your new blog, the clothes are beautiful.
Thank you so much for your beautiful comment.
Beautiful seems so inadequate Penny, but it does convey the end of the artistic journey from a visual standpoint. There is so much more of course, which you have captured, beautifully! There's that word again!! N.xo
ReplyDeleteHi Nella,
DeleteYou are so kind.. Your encouraging words fill me with joy.
Your little part of the world is so beautiful.. It is a treat to visit.
Oh Penny, she is simply beautiful, and the message that comes with it is very special. We all need peace in life, and what a nice way to start the new year than with this expression of your art work. I know I will be back again to view this glorious woman. I hope the new year is being kind to you, and thank you so much for your new year wishes.
ReplyDelete~Sheri at Red Rose Alley
Greetings Sheri,
DeleteYes, it would be such a gift for all to have peace in life. I am humbled by your words.. Thank you so much..
I just love the gift to Jess.. Such a beautiful red chair!
So so so beautiful work. Soft and enchanted. Love it.
ReplyDeleteThank you Angela... I appreciate you visit. I love your lemon berry painting..
DeleteOh Penny, this is a magnificent work of love. Peace is one my favorite words and a gift I treasure second only to love, but really, to me they're One. Oh, how I've come to value peace, my friend.
ReplyDeleteI echo your wishes for this world which has sadly become so violent. Thank you for sharing your heart with us through this beautiful piece.
Love the music too.
Happy New Year, my friend.
Much love,
Marcia
Marcia,
DeleteI just loved your post this evening, and it was so good to hear that little ~bell~ ringing, and MUSIC playing again..
Sending a big hug your way.
Penny, I am overwhelmed. The only word I can say is beautiful, .... the sculpture, the music, and your words. Thank you for expressing it so well.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Patti
Patti,
DeleteI thank you from the bottom of my heart.
You little part of the world is always a joy for me to visit..
Enya is perfect for this work and your sentiments. Your relief work really is amazing. I am looking at these along your border with the swaths of cloth, the wings, the toes... just marvelous, Penny. You have so many varied talents, but I must say, these seem to represent who you are.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Jeri... What a beautiful thing to say. My personal favorite is wings of hope.
DeleteI am looking forward to the completion of your book.. I can't wait!
Oh my! Penny! This is magical! I love the feeling of uplifting movement and the soft patina. Wonderful! Thank you for letting me know you'd posted an update.
ReplyDeleteThank you Rhissanna, I appreciate your kind words... I really love the cloth doll you are working on. Looking forward to seeing it completed.
DeleteMy precious one,
ReplyDeleteAND HOW this post is one of my favorites, for at YOUR FINGER TIPS does ordinary plaster, clay, wool or the lead of a pencil does something live
TWICE UPON A TIME.
You are just so special to me. Anita
Oh thank you so much Anita.. No plaster in this piece, although it looks as if it were.
DeleteAnd you are to me dear friend.
Penny, I didn't realize you did this particular kind of work as well. She is just stunning and so beautifully accompanies by Enya. Love the technique and energy and quiet peaceful faith. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Jeanie.. I usually do one a year, around Christmas..
DeleteI just love your valentines... You are so creative!
speechless (that must be peace)
ReplyDeleteIT is absolutely stunning! What an artist you are. She is so beautiful. Glad you shared her.
ReplyDeleteDear Penny,
ReplyDeleteHave read about paper clay but have never seen it, so enjoyed reading about your technique and how you worked this beauty.
I love your beautiful work so much, she is so very graceful and angelic.
A peaceful heart is such a wonderful wish, for everyone, do wish that this could happen especially with so much unrest in the world.
Thanks for sharing the beautiful post and wishing you a happy and peaceful weekend
hugs
Carolyn
Your work is truly beautiful and the wish for a peaceful heart is really what I need.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy weekend too.
Shel
Oh, she is so beautiful, dear Penny!
ReplyDeleteA peaceful heart..that is a splendid wish, and I wish the same to you, lovely and talented friend....
A joy to see your message(s), thank you!
I have missed you, and am now fighting a cold while trying to catch up with dear friends in the blog world.
Blessings and much love to you,
- Irina :)
It's lovely, Penny. Absolutely lovely.
ReplyDeletePacata corda is an incredibly poignant piece of your heart, Penny. Your emotions are very evident in this work...qualities which bring your art alive. I love the sentiment behind this lovely angel. Without hope there is nothing left for us here but despair. Thank you dear friend for reminding us of that...
ReplyDeletealways love, Rose
Thank you for your kind prayers, dear friend, they mean so much to me!!
ReplyDeleteJust visiting you here and seeing your healing and beautiful work makes me feel better...
Sending lots of love,
- Irina :)
Hi Penny, Love your relief, beautiful work!I love the warm coloring looks so much like stone which I have always loved, all your reliefs are amazing -I truly admire your skill and work, Hope you have a great week, Sincerely, Jonny
ReplyDeleteQue preciosidad de trabajo, que fantastico acabado.
ReplyDeleteUn trabajo con sentimiento.
Genial!!!
besitos ascension
YES YES YES! Do you see the difference? OH MY, I DO!!!!! LOVE IT!!! I am going to try something and then I will show you in a bit. Back in a minute via email. Anita
ReplyDeleteoh penny....this is my favorite piece of your art yet!! how beautiful and soulful...you are a true artist....you are going to love that new camera of yours!!
ReplyDeleteerin
xxoo
Hi, Penny, Thanks so much for your lovely words about my Valentines. They are such fun to make! Happy creating!
ReplyDeleteOh I love them Jeanie!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful sculpture!! Your emotion shines through her face...
ReplyDeleteI love paper clay..it is very gentile to hands and wrists. It is so versatile and this is the first time I have seen it used for a relief sculpture. You are so very talented my dear friend...
XOXO
Dessa Rae
PENNY!!!!!!!! WOW! YOU ARE SO FAST!
ReplyDeleteWhew......it looks as if that post didn't take me very long, but SHEESH it takes forever to decide what and how to say what I want! YOU ARE JUST THE BEST and an angel..truly an angel! And that owl, huh? LOVE THEM and I will always have my little felt owl to cherish! LOVE YOU! Anita
Dear Penny,
ReplyDeleteWonderful to come and visit you this morning and a great way to start my day.
The Angel relief is beautiful and you must be so happy to have it finished.
Also enjoyed listening to the sweet music from Enya.
Enjoy your weekend
hugs
Carolyn
Thank you so much, dearest Penny, for stopping by!!
ReplyDeleteI am feeling better, thank you!
I hope you are having a lovely and relaxing weekend, sweet friend...
Much love,
- Irina
Hello there gorgeous one!
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU PENNY for coming to visit my post. With you there, there is always a sense of a presence of a true angel, as with Irina, Violet, The Dutchess and SO MANY OTHERS......love to you my sweet! How about that dolphin and elephant in the womb? FANTASTIC, HUH?
Good evening precious one! Thank you for coming over again and yes, the header has a breath of coolness to it, while giving me a peek at spring! IT IS SO COLD TONIGHT! Time for dinner and some tea under a big puffy blanket! LOVE ! Anita
ReplyDeleteso very beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteYou know Penny.... no matter if you paint or sculpt your sweet nature and lovingness about everything comes out so beautifully. Pardon if my wording is not very good.... I struggle sometimes to express my self in English.....( blushing)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Penny , for coming and for leaving me a note. I am walking in time where is not always easy to spend time with others than my own family , but whenever I can, I love to rest and find sweetness in my friends blogs.... friends like ....YOU!*grin*
I am wishing you a beautiful, and fully blessed Day in Jesus !
Lovingly,
Pat
Stunning and Magical! ;-)
ReplyDelete